Friday, December 29, 2017

AstroApp Traditional Astrology Software


At Renaissance Astrology I am committed to practicing and teaching authentic traditional astrology, the astrology of Europe in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

One of the problems I've had for awhile is what chart drawing software to recommend for my students and other practitioners of traditional astrology. I have some fun, bonus software programs that I provide in my courses, but these just simplify some specialized functions like planetary hours or Mansions of the Moon. To be a real traditional astrologer you need full charts and some serious software to do it.

Personally I've been using Solar Fire. This is a Windows based program and doesn't run on native Mac OS. It's the older style where you buy the program, download it and it runs on your computer. I've designed several traditional pages for Solar Fire, so I automatically get on one page all the information I need. If you have Solar Fire you can order these Traditional Astrology Solar Fire pages from me but they don't work without Solar Fire. Solar Fire with my traditional pages certainly works very well, but the downside is that Solar Fire is expensive, about $350. This is more than cost of many of my courses and I just felt uncomfortable suggesting that students go out and spend all this money on it.

Now there is a very reasonably priced alternative, AstroApp traditional basic edition

AstroApp worked very closely with me to create this edition especially for traditional astrologers and in particular for my students. However, I don't have any financial interest in AstroApp and I'm not getting paid to promote it, except for getting my own access to the program. It is just $38.97 a year and is cloud based so it works on all platforms. It includes everything you need for traditional horary, natal and electional astrology charts, including essential dignities, separating and applying aspects, planetary hours, Mansions of the Moon, square traditional charts and more! It automatically does fixed star elections and has a great on screen feature where you can adjust the date and time to instantly look at many different electional charts. There's nothing on the market that is so reasonably priced and yet set up specifically for traditional astrology.

Of course it is not perfect, and you do need to work with it to get the settings right and figure out how to use it but the positives far outweigh the negatives. I'm really happy that I finally have a reasonably priced, yet fully operable traditional chart drawing software that I can highly recommend to all my students and to practitioners of traditional astrology. I've already started doing AstroApp traditional astrology instruction videos on Youtube AstroApp Sun on Ascendant
AstroApp Fixed Star Elections
and I thinking about doing AstroApp screen shots and examples in my courses as I do course upgrades.

Get AstroApp traditional basic edition!

Christopher Warnock
Renaissance Astrology
Courses
Readings
Talismans

No comments: