Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Traditional Astrology Reading List

I've been getting lots of inquiries recently about how to get started in traditional astrology and what books to read.

Here is my Traditional Astrology Reading List

Note that many of these books are traditional sources, ie written before 1700. There are a few good contemporary books written on traditional astrology which I have noted. I do get complaints about traditional sources being in "Old English" Note that actual Wikipedia on Old English was spoken and written in the early Middle Ages and is basically a foreign language. A text from say 1647, like Lilly's Christian Astrology is early modern English and a native English speaker, with some application, can learn to read it easily. Just start googling words you don't know!

One of the key missions of my courses, and I focused in on this specifically in the Natal Astrology Course is to make sure that graduates of my courses are fully able to read and use traditional sources. This allows you to go further than the handful of contemporary traditional astrology books and use ALL traditional sources in English!

Ultimately, it's my belief that if you are serious about learning, practicing and mastering traditional astrology you need to take a course with a teacher. Still by reading the books on my Reading List you can "get your feet wet" and get a good introduction to traditional astrology and magic.

No comments: