Monday, October 20, 2008

Pleiades Ritual

One of the oddest things about magic is that it does not obey the usual rules associated with material causality, like cause A happening before effect B.

In this case, having decided to make the Pleaides talisman and in particular in the form of acid etched mirrors, I have already started to experience its effects with regard to invocation and finding hidden knowledge.

I'm not sure exactly why, I think it was Mike's reference to the Greek Magical Papyri, I started flipping through Betz' translation.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0226044475/renaissanceas-20
On page 140, PGM VII 795-845 at 830, I came across ancient invocation of the angel of the Pleaides! This was followed shortly after by stumbling on the listing, in Curse Tablets and Binding Spells of the Ancient World, by John Gager,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0195134826/renaissanceas-20
of a listing of the sigils of the 36 decan/faces! Wow! Very useful, very appropriate to my current tasks and what a strange "coincidence"

I have decided that my new definition of magic, at least so far as it acts on the material plane, is as the "art of consciously causing coincidences" !

And here, for your use in consecrating your Pleiades talismans is an adaptation of the Greek Magical Papyri Pleaides angel invocation:


Oh, star cluster of the Pleiades, O, Seven Sisters, I call upon thee, in your names of Alcyone, Maia, Taygete, Electra, Celoeno, Sterope and Merope, that you infuse this talisman with your power, pneuma and spirit.

I call upon you, holy angel ZIZAUBIO, from the company of the Pleiades to whom you are subordinate and serve for all things, for whatever she may command you, you great, indestructible, fire breathing one, who cast the rope of heaven, through which rope all things turn upon earth. And also I call upon you yourselves who are angels who have been stationed beneath [ZIZAUBIO's] power. Hence I call upon you all that you come quickly in this night and reveal to me clearly and firmly, concerning all matters I desire and that you infuse this
talisman with your power, pneuma and spirit. I conjure you O lord, who rise above the earth of the whole cosmic region, by the one ruling the whole inhabited world and the benefactor of all. Hence I call upon in this night and ask that you infuse this talisman with your power, pneuma and spirit, O angel ZIZAUBIO.

May this talisman protect the light of the eyes, gather daimons and spirits of the dead to come and speak and make [the wearer] to know of secret and hidden things. I ask this in the name of the Seven Sisters of the Pleiades, Alcyone, Maia, Taygete, Electra, Celoeno, Sterope and Merope and in the name of the angel of the Pleiades, ZIZAUBIO and all of the spirits of the Pleiades.

No comments: